Health and Safety
The customer agrees not to enter the same room the E-Dry technician is working on or has equipment in. In the interest of safety we advise that:
- The carpet may remain damp for several hours after the completion of the work. This may result in a slip hazard when walking from the carpet to hard floors such as tiles or floor boards
- We will need to use electrical items and we ask you to be careful not to trip over any cords and keep children away from equipment that may be turned on
- We may need to place in the laundry or bathroom a bucket that contains a heater and hot water
For safety reasons, people and pets should be kept out of the area and away from the bucket for the duration of the works.
In addition, we ask you to advise our technicians of any potential hazards that may exist within the house or grounds prior to commencement of work.
Delivery of Service
E-Dry cannot guarantee that all stains will be removed upon cleaning. Stains derived from caustics, acids and permanent dyes may be permanent stains that cannot be removed. Further, E-Dry cannot be responsible for any pre-existing condition that is not apparent upon visual inspection.
These conditions may include but not be limited to:
- Fugitive dyes not properly set in manufacture or re-dyeing
- Lounge suites that have water or solvent soluble coloured backing material
- Carpet that has been over-stretched during laying or suffers from de-lamination
- Carpet that has suffered sun-damage, making it fragile or affecting dye colour
- Markers used on carpet, fabric backing or padding
- Bodily fluids within mattresses
E-Dry will only warrant claims with respect to workmanship of the services provided if the claim is reported within 14 days of completion of the work. In the event of a customer complaint, the customer undertakes to give E-Dry the opportunity to rectify all work.
Minimum callout fees apply.
Specific Service Information
Prices are subject to a maximum room size of 13 square metres. Stairs are quoted per step. Prices are subject to the condition of the carpet. Difficult stains may incur an additional charge.
Special Offers not available in all areas.
Price is per seating position and is subject to the condition of the upholstery and a maximum width of 80cm per seating position. Additional charges may apply for recliners, ottomans, chaises and seats wider than 80cm.
Leather is subject to additional charges on normal upholstery pricing, and subject to the condition of the lounge.
E-Dry cannot be responsible for dye migration or damage due to pigmented leather not correctly sealed.
Aniline and Simi Aniline leathers cannot be cleaned.
Tile & Grout Cleaning
E-Dry cannot be held responsible for any unforeseen adverse conditions relating to the cleaning of the tiles & grout. This includes but is not limited to:
- Loose, scratched or chipped tiles.
- Loose or cracked grout, missing grout.
- UV fading or damage.
- Stainage of the tiles & grout.
E-Dry’s clear penetrating tile and grout sealer is backed by a 5-year limited warranty.
E-Dry’s grout colour sealing service is backed by a 10-year limited warranty (5-year warranty for wet areas such as bathrooms).
The terms and conditions of the warranty are:
- For warranty claims in the case of a spill, you must claim within 5 days of the spill occurring.
- Warranty holders must show their warranty card as proof of purchase when making a warranty claim.
- You must make reasonable attempts to remove the stain with an approved neutral (pH7) cleaning product before calling E-Dry.
- In wet areas such as showers, mould and mildew are excluded from all warranty claims.
- The sealed grout must only be cleaned with a soft bristle brush, such as a soft broom or toothbrush, not a stiff-bristled brush.
- This warranty will be voided if the protected areas are cleaned by any company other than E-Dry, or spot cleaned with a product that is not neutral (pH7).
- You agree to have at least one maintenance clean performed by E-Dry (at a discounted price) every 2-4 years from the date of the original clean to keep the warranty active.
- To make a claim you must have your receipt on hand.
- This warranty is not transferable. Normal soiling and dirt build up on hard surfaces and grout are excluded. No other warranty is expressed or implied. No one is authorised to assume for the Company any other liability in connection with this product. Warranty is available to owner-occupied residences only. It is not applicable to rental or commercial premises, or shower cubicle floors. E-Dry has the right to exclude certain areas from the warranty.
Carpet and Fabric Protection
The customer agrees that they have been informed that there are various types of fabric protection and the type used by E-Dry could best be described as a stain release.
This means that on each type of carpet or fabric its reaction is slightly different. Our product is not designed so that water beads up on the carpet, rather the stain that is caused by any spillage is released from the carpet.
Should the spillage or stain be a caustic, acid or dye, then this could impair the effectiveness of the product and the results cannot be guaranteed. Any guarantee on the application of the product is limited to attempting to remove the stain and re-applying the product to the affected area.
Drapery & Curtain Cleaning
E-Dry will not take responsibility for unforeseen or hidden damage relating to delamination, dye migration, or ultra violet light (UV) damage not clearly visible prior to the commencement of the service.
The customer acknowledges shrinkage is normal for some fabrics and materials during cleaning. Shrinkage of up to 3% is considered an industry standard and E-Dry will not take responsibility for shrinkage of less than 3%.
- All prices are subject to inspection.
- Performance of Micro-cleaning ONLY (excluding our Micro-misting service) may leave a strong chlorine odour.
- Micro-cleaning without micro-misting is not covered by the 12-month Warranty.
- All people and pets must vacate the premises during treatment. We strongly recommend indoor plants are also removed from the premises during treatment.
- The premises must be vacant for at least 5 hours after the treatment.
- Open food containers must be sealed prior to treatment.
- It is the responsibility of the client to make all areas scheduled for cleaning easily accessible.
- it is the clients’ responsibility to remove furniture and white-goods prior to the service.
- High and/or textured ceilings requiring scaffolding will incur additional fees.
- In instances where paintwork is over 5 years old, there is a greater chance paint may oxidise and discolour. E-Dry does not accept responsibility for the oxidisation or discoloration of paint.
- In rare circumstances where there has been very high levels of moisture, it is possible for the paint to bubble. E-Dry does not accept responsibility for bubbling of paint.
- The use of some products may set off fire alarms, especially if the micro-misting service is undertaken. It is the customers responsibility to prepare or disable and re-enable alarms as appropriate.
- E-Dry does notwarrant Mould Remediation beyond 14 days from the date of the clean in designated wet-areas such as bathrooms, laundries and en-suites.
- Water intrusions after the provision of the mould remediation service will void any warranties.
- If the event that air sampling is conducted, both the micro-cleaning and micro-misting must be completed and air sample taken within 72hrs of treatment.
- 12-month Warranty – This warranty is only valid if the Micro-Cleaning and Micro-Misting are both conducted as part of the mould remediation service and relative humidity is measured at under 60%. Windows and window sills must be kept clean and free of moisture (including condensation). The limit to the warranty is that E-Dry will re-attend, re-clean all affected areas that were included in the original scope of work and micro-mist the premises.
Timber Refresh and Timber Restore
- E-Dry cannot be held responsible for imperfections in the floor not apparent at the time of inspection including but not limited to ghosting, delamination or peeling or sacrificial coatings previously applied to the floor that affect the ability of our coatings to bond to the floor.
- To protect your skirting boards from the accidental application of coatings we will apply painters' tape to all skirting boards. E-Dry does not accept responsibility for any paint that peels off the skirting board when the tape is removed.
Timber Refresh Specific Terms and Conditions
- Timber Refresh service can be described as a clean and "refresh" coating for timber floors and the original condition of the floor will impact the final result of the service. Whilst it is likely that scratches are greatly minimised in this process, E-Dry does not warrant that scratches will be removed.
- Please stay off the floor for 1 hour and then only walk on the floor with socks for 24 hours. Do not place rugs on the floor or wet the floor for at least 3 days.
- E-Dry does not warrant the longevity of the Timber Refresh coating with the exception that it will wear at approximately the same rate as the floors original coating.
- If the coating appears uneven or soft (smears easily) after the coating has dried (allow 2 hours from the completion of the service) then you must call our office within 3 days of the service and advise us of the issue. We will organise to return as soon as possible, to remove and re-apply the coating or take alternate measures. Claims may not be warranted if you (the client) do not call within 3 days of the job as the coating may have irreversibly set.
Timber Restore Specific Terms And Conditions
- The E-Dry Timber Restore Service is the only way to effectively refurbish worn, polyurethane coated floors without the need for sanding, using a durable, attractive finish.
- The final results from the Timber Restore Service are always a function of the original condition of the floor. Your Restore service will:
- Remove or minimise the scratches.
- Reduce colour variations from sun-fading and varying oxidation levels, often referred to as picture framing.
- Clean and reseal areas of your floor when your original coating has worn through, and blend in colour variations as best possible.
- Apply a highly durable top-coat to provide an excellent finish for many years to come. Some defects in your floor are still likely to be noticeable and your technician will discuss these with you.
- E-Dry warrants that you will be satisfied with the final result of the service and that if you are not happy with the result in an area/ room that you do not pay for the cost of the room/area of concern (up to a maximum size of 13 square metres). As a condition of this warranty you understand and accept that:
- You must advise us before the top coat is applied if you have any concerns with the service. We will advise you when this is during the course of the service. If your cause of concern is the top-coat, then you must advise us accordingly within 24 hours of completion of the job.
- You must advise us before commencement of the job of any waxes, polishes or adhesives used on the floor that may not be apparent at the time of quoting or original inspection. Any undisclosed floor coatings or adhesives will void this warranty
- Defects to the floor not evident during the pre-inspection such as ghosting, lose or peeling poly-urethane or damaged floor boards may void this warranty and cannot be used as grounds to refuse or withhold payment.
- The maximum reduction in the price of the job allowable under the conditions of this warranty is 50% of the original value of the job.
Drying, Curing and After-Care Terms and Conditions
E-Dry provides all Timber Restore customers with a satisfaction guarantee. If you are not happy with an area then we will address your concerns and refinish the area of concern free of charge prior to the application of the high density poly-urethane top-coat. As a condition of the guarantee:
- Both Timber Refresh and Timber Restore coatings takes 7 days to cure. During this period you must not wet the floor or use a spray mop to clean the floor or place rugs or other floor coverings over the floor.
- Both Timber Refresh and Timber Restore Coatings can usually be walked on in 3 hours wearing socks, however drying time depends on various environmental conditions and it is essential that you, the client, check that the floor is drying before walking on the floor. E-Dry does not warrant that the floor will be dry enough to walk on in 3 hours.
- After coating the floor will usually be ready to walk on in 90 minutes however drying times may vary and you should exercise caution, especially on cold or wet days. E-Dry will not be responsible for any footprints caused in the coating. Following on from the completion of the job, we ask that you:
- Only walk on the floor in socks for 48 hours
- Place felt pads under your furniture to prevent scratches
- Keep pets off the floor for 3 days
- Do not put mats or rugs on the floor for 1 week
- Do not wet-mop the floor for 7 days
Fluff or Hair. Pet hair and fluff will often circulate through a home when there is wind or airflow. E-Dry cannot be responsible for any hair or fluff that lands in the coating we apply to your floor.
Furniture Moving. If you pay for E-Dry to move furniture as part of your Timber Floor Service, then you accept that:
- Unless otherwise stated, our furniture removal service allows for 2 technicians to move furniture at the start and end of the job.
- E-Dry does not provide a qualified moving service and whilst all reasonable levels of care will be taken when moving furniture, E-Dry cannot accept responsibility for any damage that may occur during the moving process.
- E-Dry technicians will only lift items of furniture that they are comfortable lifting. Furniture trolleys cannot be used on a freshly coated floor, so all items must be carried back after the service is completed.
- It is your responsibility (the client) to place felt pads under all furniture before the items are replaced. E-Dry does not accept responsibility for any scratches made by furniture that it replaces unless fresh felt pads have been applied to the base of the furniture.
We prefer payment to be made by Eftpos at the time of purchase and out technician will have a portable Eftpos terminal with him when he completes the job. We accept payment by credit card, but with a 1.5% surcharge. Payments by cash are subject to a cash handling fee of 3%. In the event that payment is not made according to our payment terms and we take action to recover the debt, then you, the client, shall be liable for all costs associated with recovering the debt including, but not limited to, legal costs and debt recovery costs.
If payment is made by Credit Card and the transaction cannot be completed for any reason, then payment will be considered to be 'On Account' per the Terms and Conditions of the Invoice.
Cheques will only be accepted where an account has been set up prior to the job.
If an account has been set up and payment is not made by the due date, or payment is dishonoured or otherwise, E-Dry reserves the right to charge a reasonable Administration Fee, in addition to all other costs associated with recovering the debt including, but not limited to, legal costs and debt recovery costs.
If we attend your premises to provide a written quote then that quote is valid for 60 days only. If you require us to re-attend to re-quote the same service at a later stage then a fee of $50 shall apply for the re-attendance.
If the scope of work changes from the time of the quote to the time that the service is provided, then we reserve the right to either charge an appropriate additional fee for the increased work, or if the work is not undertaken, charge 50% of the original value of the job. Example of a varied scope of work are:
- Significantly dirtier carpet/mattress/upholstery or carpet/mattress/upholstery with additional stains
- Wood floor with additional scratches or paint on the floor
- Mould growth into additional rooms, or areas of the room
If a quote is provided over the phone, then the quote is always subject to the condition of the surface or items to be cleaned or treated and the size of those areas.
Cancellation Fees and Surcharges
E-Dry reserves the right to charge customers a cancellation fee (minimum of $75) if adequate notice is not given for the cancellation of the booking. Adequate notice is at the discretion of the Franchise Owner, Technician or Operator who takes your call.
In certain instances, a deposit of $200 may be taken in advance of the job. This deposit is fully refundable and transferable providing you, the client, give a minimum of 2 full business days’ notice that you wish to cancel or transfer the booking. We notice your intention to cancel to transfer the booking by phone (Ph 13 33 79) and not email. Some mailboxes receive a large volume of emails in a day and are not constantly monitored.
Surcharges may be charged on jobs booked for weekends, after hours or public holidays; in multi level apartment blocks or when more than one operator is required.
It is the responsibility of you, the client, to organise parking for our technician. Accordingly, any costs for parking will be added to the invoice along with a surcharge if parking is not available within a short distance.
Brochures and Advertising Material
When stated on all advertising material the following conditions apply:
- Room is a maximum room size of 13 square metres. Any room larger will be classified as two rooms. Discounting of smaller spaces is up to the individual franchise owner, technician or call centre operator.
- Discounting on smaller spaces is not a requirement.
- All pricing is subject to inspection and additional charges may be incurred for stain removal, treatment of carpets or rooms that are more heavily soiled, dual process and additional services.
- The maximum width of a seating position is 80cm. If the seat is wider than 80 cm it shall be considered as 2 seating positions.
- Recliners and leather upholstery attract an additional charge.
- It is up to the individual technician, franchise owner or call centre operator to honour any kind of advertising material that has been retained by the customer and is out of date or proven by E-Dry’s records to be out of date, or if the advertising material is from another area, franchise zone or state.
- E-Dry’s advertising material is distributed by a third party and E-Dry takes no responsibility for the incorrect distribution of these materials in any case.
We welcome any questions or comments and invite you to contact us. We may amend this policy from time to time to make sure that it is accurate and up to date.